Integrate Watching That with your Brightcove account via your Brightcove API to enhance your Watching That analytics experience. Brightcove API integration ensures that Watching That displays video and player names in the place of hard to decipher IDs.
1. Login to your Brightcove account
2. Go to your API Authentication page
3. Click “Register New Application”
4. Enter any name and description you want
5. Under Select accounts for authorization select the account(s) that contains the videos and players you want identified
6. Under Exposed Brightcove APIs tick “CMS > Video Read” and “Players > Read”
7. Click “Save”. From the module that appears copy the Client ID and Client Secret values
8. Login to your Watching That account
9. Navigate to the the Brightcove Integration page via the drop down menu My Account > Brightcove Integration
10. Paste the copied Client ID and Client Secret from Brightcove, into the form on Watching That’s Brightcove Integration page (below)
11. Add your Brightcove Account ID to the Account ID field in the form. Note: You can get your Brightcove Account ID from your Brightcove account settings page
12. Click “Connect to Brightcove”
For more detailed instructions visit the Brightcove API support page. Bear in mind that the only checkboxes you need to tick under the Exposed Brightcove APIs section are “CMS > Video Read” and “Players > Read”.
Contact us for more information on how to implement Watching That into your video players.